Emily the Strange “Strangerous” for Nintendo DS/DSi is a puzzle and adventure story based around Emily the Strange and her missing kittens spanning 6 chapters and over 60 puzzles! Emily the Strange “Strangerous” is set to expand the range of games for girls in the puzzle/adventure game genre on Nintendo DS/DSi by offering female gamers the unique opportunity to play through over 50+ hours of puzzles and riddles while navigating the world of Emily. Emily the Strange “Strangerous” brings together the strengths of the Emily brand and builds upon the established puzzle/adventure games format.
Emily the Strange has been an iconic character since the early 1990’s and has become a beloved counterculture icon all around the world. In her earliest years, she was a quiet but sharp-witted stranger, slinging philosophy and cultural observations in a series of hand-screened t-shirts and stickers. As her presence grew and became a standard in the cultural underground, Emily’s own story began to emerge in a series of gift books, then comic-books and graphic novels, and now a novel series for young adults. “Strangerous” looks to give gamers the chance to experience Emily the Strange in a whole new environment and for the first time, to control and interact with Emily!
Emily the Strange “Strangerous” for Nintendo DS/DSi will be released in the UK 10th June. Visit http://www.emily-game.co.uk
Full list of Nintendo DS features:
· Emily can switch between the world of strange and several parallel universes / dream worlds
· Adventure story mode in 6 chapters
· 65 puzzles to solve
· Emily has her 4 cats and 6 of her typical accessory tools (like the slingshot)
· Each cat has a specific ability/vision type that will help Emily advance. These abilities derive from each cat’s personality.
· Day and night cycles, and some puzzles can only be solved during the day/night. Objects and animals have different characteristics in the dream worlds
· Animated cut scenes showing dreams · 5 different mini games at the “atrocity fair” and with the OddISee (Emily speak)
Special Nintendo DSi Features:
· Secret room with additional puzzles and collectables only accessible to DSi users with cameras
· Zonster creator (patchwork monster dolls): Create your very own zonsters and share them with friends
· Scan Zonster codes to unlock more Zonster building parts or even use a photo of your face!